HR Administrator, long term contract, London, Start date: imminent
An exciting opportunity for a HR Administrator in a busy, creative office working closely with the Head of Operations and the MD. An award winning visual effects facility in the heart of Soho who work on the very best of high end international TV and film. The ideal candidate have solid HR experience, preferably in a VFX or media environment although not essential. Must have a passion and drive and be ready to throw themselves into the day-to-day life of our exciting company and look after our talented crew. You will have the key responsibilities below but will play an active part in helping run this medium-sized business and be happy to dip into much more. This is a new role and there is an opportunity for the right person to flourish and to make the role their own.
- Recruitment – Co-ordinate company recruitment, carry out appropriate pre employment checks, and interview candidates with HOD’s. Co-ordinate visa applications where required. Arrange and carry out induction of all new staff.
- Administration – Manage all confidential HR paperwork and the HR database.
- People management – advise on employee relations matters, for example disciplinary, grievance, capability and work with managers to resolve issues.
- Personal development – prepare & conduct staff annual reviews & probation periods, arranging and tracking feedback with the relevant HOD’s for each staff member. Where required, prepare annual training plan based on annual reviews.
- Policies and Procedures – advise on BlueBolt company and HR policies with the aid of an HR consultant. Ensure policies reflect current employment law and good practice guidance.
- Resource management – working with Producers to establish staffing needs
- Co-ordinate staff benefits.
- Contribute ideas & support day-to-day to maintain a happy office environment.
- Educated to degree level and holding or studying towards an additional HR Qualification, at either degree or diploma level or have a proven track record in this type of area and industry.
- Comfortable with day-to-day HR practices and able to help implement & improve existing operations.
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- Excellent administration skills – able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be enthusiastic & flexible, not precious about playing a key role in the successful running of the company. A sense of humour essential.
- Interest in film/TV production or VFX more specifically would be a bonus; you will learn the detail of hiring and maintaining a staff of creative & technical talent.
Please apply to email@example.com with “HR Administrator” in the subject, supplying a CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role.
All applications should also include a contactable reference and available start date.