PIPELINE – Pipeline Developer (R&D tools)
Pipeline TD (R&D tools) – contract, London, start date: October 2017
Here at BlueBolt VFX, we are currently looking for a Pipeline TD to join our expanding Pipeline / Tools team.
This exciting multifaceted role sitting in the Pipeline team, will be working on both support for the artists
and development of Tools within the team.
This role will be calling on Python development skills and use of 3d/2d tools.
You will be in the thick of all the action. Working on amazing films, as well as award winning TV Shows.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with some talented people, develop and gain skills to
further your career in this industry.
Skills needed for the role:
- Minimum 2 years experience in development.
- Strong Python, Linux/Unix shell, Data Pipelines.
- Ideal candidate has experience with pipelines for Foundry tools such as Nuke, Mari and Hiero.
- General technical problem-solving and troubleshooting ability.
This role will require you to:
- Work closely with department heads and the production team.
- Develop and maintain BlueBolt’s pipelines & tools using SCRUM.
- Provide day-to- day support to creative and production teams.
- Report to a Head of Pipeline.
Desirable skills but not needed for the role:
- Render Management software such as Deadline, Tractor, Grid Engine.
- Understanding of Colour workflow in VFX.
- TD / Render Engineer experience with renderers such as Arnold.
- C++, Maya Mel scripting.
- Experience in using 2d/3d applications in a production environment.
- Experience in working in a SCRUM based development environment.
- Experience in Maya/Nuke API development and Shotgun Toolkit.
Please apply to email@example.com supplying a CV and Covering letter with ‘Pipeline Developer –
your name’ as the subject. We’re very open to receiving applications from related industries such as
commercials, games, etc – or those with a real passion for developing for creative teams.
No Agencies – We do not accept speculative CV’s.