BlueBolt is committed to handling your personal information responsibly and protecting your privacy under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- What information is collected and our lawful basis for processing it
- How it is collected
- How it is stored and safeguarded
- What we do with it
- How long we keep it
- Your rights
- How to contact us
What information is collected and our lawful basis for processing it
We collect the following information:
- From our clients and suppliers – name, address, email address, telephone number and specific requirements or preferences to facilitate communication and the performance of contracts.
- From our employees – contact details, legal right to work, proof of identity (usually copy of passport), NI number, date of birth, bank information, references and performance appraisals to fulfil our contracts of employment.
- From prospective employees – contact details and CVs. These are submitted on our website by and with the consent of the prospective employee and kept for a maximum of 6 months unless earlier deletion is requested.
How information is collected
- Information is collected by filling in online forms on our website or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- Visitors to our website are tagged with cookies. These are small pieces of information sent to a device and stored on its hard drive. Information on how cookies are used can be seen in the “What we do with your information” section below.
How information is stored and safeguarded
- Information and content security is paramount in the film industry. We are committed to keeping personal data secure and have put in place a number of physical, electronic and managerial processes to keep it secure and prevent unauthorised access to it.
What we do with your information
We use personal information for the lawful reasons for which it has been collected:
- Where it is necessary for our “Legitimate Interests”. This means the interests of our business in supplying products and services to our clients in the international film and television industry.
- Under a “Performance of Contact” where the processing of data is necessary to carry out a contract.
- For general administration purposes.
- To improve our products and services.
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering and recover debts.
- To supply to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Visitors to our website have a cookie placed on their browser. They enable us to recognise whether you have visited our website before and provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience. Information on how you can delete cookies can be found in the “Your rights” section below.
- We use Google Analytics to understand visits to our website such as pages viewed and geographical location. Note, however, that this is aggregated and anonymised data that cannot be used to identify an individual.
How long we keep information
We take all reasonable steps to retain your personal information only for as long as necessary. The length of time that we keep your data for will depend on the purposes for which it is being collected and any relevant legal or statutory requirements.
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives you the following rights:
- To request access to your personal data. You can request, free of charge, a copy of the personal information that BlueBolt holds on you by making a “Subject Access Request”.
- To correct any personal data that is incorrect or incomplete.
- To erase any personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- To object to or restrict the processing of your personal data where there is no legal or regulatory reason for us to do so.
- For further information on how to manage and delete cookies, please see https://www.aboutcookies.org/
If you are not satisfied with the way that BlueBolt has responded to your questions, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can contact the ICO via their web-form at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call the ICO helpline on +44 (0)303 123 1113.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy notice, please contact email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7637 5657 or write to us at:
Data Protection, BlueBolt, 15-16 Margaret Street, London W1W 8RW